The next Pokemon Go Community Day event takes on Saturday, April 13. This time around it’s all about gen 3 dragon-type Pokemon Bagon and its evolutions Shelgon and Salamence, with the event and its rewards built around that evolutionary tree.
As mentioned, the focus this time is dragon-type Pokemon Bagon, which can evolve into Shelgon and finally dragon and flying dual type Salamence. This is a powerful gen 3 Pokemon, and as ever this event brings with it a chance to catch a shiny form – meaning through evolution you can net not just a shiny Bagon, but also a shiny Salamence as well. There’s also a range of community day bonuses and rewards in April – and we’ll explain all those in detail below. But first, a quick community day primer for the newcomers…
What is a Pokemon Go Community Day event, and how does it work?
Put simply, Pokemon Go Community Day Events do what you’d likely expect from their name – they’re designed to get players out and about into the world, preferably interacting and hanging out together in locations that are rife with Pokestops like parks and other public places. These events are time-limited to encourage trainers to head out on the same day and at the same day on a Pokemon hunting mission.
As part of this, players are rewarded for their participation. Usually, community day events are built around a specific Pokemon, allowing players to catch more of that Pokemon and in a shiny form. On top of that, regular bonuses include exclusive moves for the featured Pokemon, increased EXP, Stardust and Lure duration, bonus loot like stardust and incubators, and even bonuses like fast-hatching eggs for the duration of the event.
If you head out to a community day event, you might be surprised: you’ll likely see other trainers catching Pokemon all over the place during the event if you head to a place like a local park. It’s a big deal!
Pokemon Go April Community Day Date, Start Time and End Time
The next Pokemon Go community day is for April 2019, and it’s the 16th community day we’ve had overall. The event takes place on April 13 – that’s a Saturday, meaning most people should be able to easily free themselves up from life commitments in order to get out into the wild to spin Pokesotps and catch Pokemon for the community day period.
As always, the community event is a limited-time event – it’ll run for a simple three-hour period on the chosen day. Previously, this used to take place at different times depending on where you were in the world – but now Pokemon Go is making it more simple. It’ll be between 3pm and 6pm local time depending on where you are. For the avoidance of any confusion and to catch the skim-readers among you, here’s the traditional (though now largely useless) event start time bullet point list:
- April Community Day Times in the UK: 3pm – 6pm GMT
- April Community Day Times in Mainland Europe and Africa: 3pm – 6pm CET
- April Community Day Times in North America: 3pm – 6pm Pacific / 3pm – 6pm Eastern
- April Community Day Times in Asia Pacific: 3pm – 6pm JST
During these hours the community day will be active, in turn allowing for certain bonus rewards that make participating in the day worthwhile.
Pokemon Go April Community Day Rewards: Shiny Bagon, Shelgon and Salamence, triple hatch XP, exclusive move & more
This April, the Pokemon Go Community Day follows the traditional setup: It’s focused on one Pokemon species, increasing the spawn rates of that breed of Pokemon, making them more easily available with certain powerful moves or in shiny forms. At least this month it’s particularly exciting, giving lots of access to a previously not entirely common Pokemon breed of a useful type.
As mentioned above, the main reason to take part in this community day is to catch a bunch of the featured Pokemon – this time around Bagon – and then find one with half-decent stats and evolve or power it up to build a formidable Pokemon. In this instance that’s evolving into Shelgon and Salamence. There are some other rewards, however:
- Shiny Pokemon: spawn rates will be increased for Bagon, including in its shiny form. Catch lots of them, and you’ll be sure to eventually encounter a shiny Bagon – maybe a few.
- 3x Catch XP: during the event hours, experience points (XP) gained for catching Pokemon will be tripled. You can also stack this with Lucky Eggs for big bonuses.
- Exclusive Move – Outrage: there will be an exclusive move for this evolution series – and this time around it’s Outrage. Outrage is a move that Salamance hadn’t previously had, and while it’s not an exciting debut of a new move this has interesting implications for battles, since Outrage will go a long way towards making Salamence far more competitively viable. It’ll actually make a fully powered-up, top IV Salamence beat out Dragonite, but it won’t beat Dragonite.
- 3-Hour Lures: if you drop a Lure on a Pokestop, it’ll last for 3 hours instead of 30 minutes. This means any lure dropped during the event will last the full duration of the event hours.
Bagon evolves into Salamence, and that’s good news: Salamence places in the top five on our tier list of the best Pokemon in Pokemon Go – specifically as an attacker. Given the Dragon typing, Salamence can come in useful for taking down a range of Pokemon, including other Dragon-types, since dragon-type creatures are weak against the same type – many of which appear in Pokemon Go Raids.
Looking for a shiny? The colors you need to keep an eye out for in order to get shiny Bagon and then Salamence are below.
Pokemon Go Community Day History: past events
Ninatic Labs held the first Community Day event in January 2018 with Pikachu. It’s continued since then:
- January 2018: Pikachu (with Surf)
- February 2018: Dratini (with Draco Meteor)
- March 2018: Bulbasaur (with Frenzy Plant)
- April 2018: Mareep (with Dragon Pulse)
- May 2018: Charmander (with Blast Burn)
- June 2018: Larvitar (with Smack Down)
- July 2018: Squirtle (with Hydro Cannon)
- August 2018: Eevee (with Last Resort)
- September 2018: Chikorita (with Frenzy Plant)
- October 2018: Beldum (with Meteor Mash)
- November 2018: Cyndaquil (with Blast Burn)
- December 2018: best of 2018
- January 2019: Totodile
- February 2019: Swinub
- March 2019: Treecko
- April 2019: Bagon (with Outrage)
The post Pokemon Go Community Day event start time and event rewards including shiny Bagon and Salamence with Outrage appeared first on VG247.